These are a quick go to breakfast that you can make ahead of time. Make a batch of these at a weekend and put 2 in a ziplock bag and freeze.
If you think of these as omelette muffins you get the idea that these can have whatever ingredient you want in them, you can experiment with ingredients too.
- You allow 1 egg per muffin so if you have a 12 muffin tin you will need 12 eggs, but depending on the size of you eggs you may need less.
- Bacon cut into small pieces, or whatever meat you choose.
- Onions chopped up small
- Or any other combinations you want to try.
- Salt and pepper.
- Herbs and spices to taste.
- Coconut oil/butter
- Preheat the oven 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
- Break eggs into a bowl and whisk until blended.
- In a pan cook the bacon on a low heat.
- Put a small amount of coconut oil/butter in each muffin section and put in the oven to melt for a few minute
- Add any of the ingredients you are using to the muffin tin.
- Place in the oven, keep an eye on them as your oven may be different. Mine took 18 minutes.
Allow them to cool then put 2 in each ziplock bag or whatever container you are using. Put them in the freezer, they can be left on the refrigerator if you are going to eat them within a couple of days. They are then ready to grab in the morning to take to work. If you want to eat them first thing in a morning get them out the evening before and leave them in he fridge overnight to defrost. I like them cold but they can be reheated in the microwave for about a minute but may differ for your microwave, make sure they are heated thoroughly before eating.
- Spinach and salmon
- Cheese and mushroom
This list could go on.
Here is a scope for Periscope I did making these.
Egg and Bacon Breakfast Muffins
Thank you for reading my blog, please sign up to get notifications of new posts.
Also on Periscope @healingtohealth